The Tricks Of The Trade - Deceit in our courts - many examples EXPOSED!
- Self-service Ordering
- The judge orders one thing and presto! When the order is
written up by the lawyer, it says another thing.
- Head Note Heaven
- The practice of citing case law by head notes. Many times
cases don't say what the head notes appear to say. I have
seen the highest priced lawyers submit case law that was more in
the other's side favor than theirs! Do what many lawyers
don't do. Read the cases, not just the head notes.
- Bait and Switch
- This is the practice of quoting case law that says one thing
and then saying the opposite. "This case, that case and that
other case say the sky is blue." "Now that we have
established the sky is not necessarily blue, I assert to this
court that given the latest findings of physics, the sky is
- Price of Tomatoes In Denmark
- The practice of arguing anything but the point that should be
- The Show Is Canceled
- This trick is usually played at the courthouse. The
opposing side will walk past you and say something like, "It isn't
on the calendar." You buy it and leave....and they say you
- Drama Queen
- The this is outrageous, I have never, honestly in all my years
of practice nonsense. Every aspect of the litigation brings
total outrage, shock and disbelief.
- The Ball Of Confusion
- You are rear ended and the other side argues like
this: "What accident, which car, there were hundreds of
accidents that day. Was this car pushed by the other car, are
the witnesses reliable? He says there are witnesses, I haven't seen
these witnesses. Sure, there are supposed to be 20 witnesses but I
talked to one that didn't know which way was up and was going back
to Slovenia. I heard allegations he went into reverse due to
driver dyslexia. The stock market dropped that afternoon, he
was upset. Where are we going to get experts to verify this?
Who, what, where, when? I'm so confused I can't make
sense of this case and as your honor knows, I have seen many.
There are too many questions here your Honor, this case
should be dismissed."
- The Art Of Lying
- This can take many forms. The lie may be a half truth,
distortion, redefinition or a total fabrication.
- Clerk Jerk
- Manipulate the hearing by telling the clerk you have to leave
- Early Bird
- See if you can start the hearing in a certain direction before
opposing side reaches the bar.
- Mail Fraud
- "You couldn't have mailed it, I never received it!"
See the Secret Canons and the Black is
White Law Dictionary.
- Plea And See
- Coerce someone to plea bargain and later use the plea bargain
to make that person look like a hardened criminal.
- Coerce or order a witness or informant to say whatever helps
the prosecutor win the case.
- Hide And Ride
- Hiding or altering initial statements from witnesses.
- Believe And Deceive
- Base the case on what prosecutor believes, regardless of the
- Cut And Paste
- Altering audio or video recordings to say what will make the
- Poof Power
- Move or in some way manipulate witnesses to make it look like
they left, won't testify or are unwilling or unavailable to testify.
- Shady Brady
- Hiding, disguising or making it hard to discover "brady material" [exculpatory evidence which is evidence favorable to the other side].
- Harass Your Ass
- Harassing, threatening or intimidating witnesses to manipulate
- White Lies
- Deliberately deceiving the Court for the "greater good."
- White Fight
- Manufacture arguments for the "greater good."
- Deal And Seal
- Hide deals prosecutor's make with witnesses.
- No Deal Happy Meal
- The prosecutor will call a deal anything but a deal to avoid
disclosure. The prosecutor will say the deal was an unrelated
inducement, incentive, or favor. The prosecutor will say the
inducement, incentive or favor was earned, going to be granted
anyway or already in progress. The prosecutor will say they had
nothing to do with the inducement, incentive or favor or the favor
came from others.
- Mixed No Deal Happy Meal
- The prosecutor will weave inducements, incentives or favors
into other cases to cloud, confuse or alter the issue of which case
the favors are for.
- Shop Mop
- One witness doesn't say what the prosecution wants? Try
and try again until the prosecution finds or can coerce a witness
to say what fits the prosecutor's case and forget the other
- The Buddy System
- Use an incarcerated person's cell mates to get a statement out
of someone the prosecutor wants. If that fails, get a cell
mate [using promises or incentives] to fabricate a statement which
fits the prosecutor's case.
Give Us $$$, God Will Bless You...OK, We Jest But Could Use Help!
Donate online NOW
to volume, we only deal with
-- ADVERTISEMENT --